Good for all ages?

JamminCats

Chirping
Apr 13, 2020
Hi everyone. I have to leave my chickens for the weekend with my husband and I’m trying to find a food that they can all eat (I know he won’t separate them at night so I need something that’s safe for all of them. My big girls or year and a half and my little ones are about nine weeks. The only store around here is tractor supply, does anyone have any Suggestions?

My big girls or year and a half and my little ones are about nine weeks. The only store around here is tractor supply, does anyone have any Suggestions?
One of these with Oyster Shells in a separate container.
20200609_183412.jpg

Or any Starter Grower 18 to 20%. GC

Hi everyone. I have to leave my chickens for the weekend with my husband and I’m trying to find a food that they can all eat (I know he won’t separate them at night so I need something that’s safe for all of them. My big girls or year and a half and my little ones are about nine weeks. The only store around here is tractor supply, does anyone have any Suggestions?
I use Purina flock raiser Mostly but I will purchase Any major brand that has the latest manufacture date when I go to the store (tractor supply).

The way I figure, more than half the year:
- you have chicks
- you have hens not laying due to daylight hours
- you have hens not laying due to molt (and this can be months and months of the year if you look at all the times any single hen is molting)
- You have a broody
- You might have a roo

I just see no reason to buy layer feed when any given day one of these factors could be impacting the flock and layer feed would negatively impact at least one bird. This is why I don’t even consider any feed but the most recent mill date Flock Raiser (any brand) with a can of oyster shell always present.

Back
Top Bottom