Good free chicken magazine?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by AlvinsFinest, Mar 6, 2012.

1. AlvinsFinest

AlvinsFinest Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2012
    I am looking for a goof free chicken magazine? Does anybody know of any?

2. BigRedNZ

BigRedNZ Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
  3. Clay Mudd

Clay Mudd Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    South MS swamps
    Bayview Yacht Club doesn't have much chicken info. ;)

4. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Define "goof free". There are rather heated discussions even here on BYC.

5. ClareScifi

ClareScifi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    I don't know of any goof-free chicken magazines. Even the best chicken magazines have goofs in them from time to time. It depends on the conscientiousness of the magazine's proofreader and editor as to how many goofs there are per magazine issue. And sometimes the writers just get it wrong! HAHA

If you meant "good, free chicken magazine" I have seen Manna Pro offer Webinars in which they give away free copies of GRIT, which always has good chicken info in it.

Also, Mother Earth News often has great free chicken articles online. I am looking for some good magazine articles to read about roosters, so if you come across any in your search, I'd love to know about them. Thanks, and good luck!

6. AlvinsFinest

AlvinsFinest Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2012
    Yea sorry I meant good not goof!

7. ClareScifi

ClareScifi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Ahh, well, then you are in luck! There are lots of good, free chicken magazines at the library! If they don't carry any, you can ask them to subscribe for you. I'd also recommend Christine Heinrichs's books on chickens. The libraries should have them, and Gail Damerow's books. She has a Chicken Dictionary that looks really good, put out by Storey Publishing. I checked and my library doesn't carry it, so I am going to ask them to order it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by