GOOD frozen food for a pregnant woman?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by debilorrah, Feb 10, 2011.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap

My daughter is just 6 weeks and 4 days, but she goes to school at night and they have a microwave there. She has been taking hot pockets, I found out, and decided this may not be best for my grandbaby.

Any suggestions on some decent, protein rich, microwaveable food? I don;t get home before she leaves and dinner is usually demolished.

2. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Songster

Feb 1, 2009
    Lexington, KY
    Amy's kitchen has some really good frozen food (I LOVE their cheese enchiladas) and soups - I like the fire roasted southwest and the pasta and 3 bean soup. [​IMG]

ETA: they're organic, so they can be a little pricey, but they taste FAR better than most others I've found.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  3. debilorrah

Quote:Oh I forgot all about those!!! I love their cheese enchildadas.

4. bluesub

bluesub Songster

Jan 4, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    How about some Greek yogurt?

5. debilorrah

Quote:Lookin for meals for her.....

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Okay, I really need to go to sleep. I thought the title said 'Good frozen DOG food for a pregnant woman'....I thought you'd gone and lost it Debi! [​IMG]

7. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Do you have a Trader Joes near by? They have good frozen items. Or I like the progressive Low Sodium soups...

8. debilorrah

Quote:[​IMG]

9. classicsredone

classicsredone Songster

Jan 6, 2011
    Crunchy California
    Quote:TJ's has some GREAT selections. No nitrates, trans fats, or any of that junk in their food. The best part is that they are at least half the price of health food stores, and often cheaper than regular grocery store prices for the same items. Another fairly decent option is Stoffer's meat & cheese lasagna. Aside from the sodium, it is pretty solid nutritionally. When I worked and was pregnant I always kept nuts on me for snacking. They're full of protein and will help her keep full. I also would tote around apples and nectarines. If I was going to be away from a place I could sit down to eat, I'd carry Odwalla bars in my purse. You can also make and freeze meals ahead of time that she could take with her.

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    What about those weight watchers or healthy choice meals? Figure they'd be pretty healthy.. [​IMG]
    Is there ever any dinner left over from the night before.... she could bring it to school a zap it?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: