Good girl Bella!!! (pics!!)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by TheJuan-n-Only, Nov 5, 2011.

1. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    So for the last few weeks I've been able to hang out with my dogs and my chickens in the back yard. I knew my Lab would be ok eventually, but I would never thought my Sheperd/Hound dog would ever be ok with them.....she is actually very good with them!!

Bella and the girls

[​IMG]

again...

[​IMG]

Just the girls

[​IMG]

and my new chicken...my DW got this for me!!!

[​IMG]

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I'm a firm believer that with the right guidance/training and supervision, just about any dog can learn to accept other animals into the family "pack." It's such a relief when they get to that stage, isn't it? Your chicken planter is cute (nice wife [​IMG] - wasn't she chicken resistant at first??? lol), but I think I'd spray paint the wire body a bright color to make it stand out more...maybe a bright blue with the red comb/wattle... If it ain't nailed down - I spray paint it...lol.

3. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    S.E. Michigan
    Wonderful pics, pretty dog and chickens. [​IMG]
    Where did DW get that great chicken planter?

Carrie Lynn

4. TheJuan-n-Only

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    It took us a while to get here. She has a deep seeded hunt instinct, so I was very tentative. I started introducing them as chicks in the brooder, and yes, is a huge relief to be at this stage...is actually nice to be able to play with the dogs while the girls free range. Also, Bella is a great gard dog so she takes good care of them. Even from inside the house she know when there is something outside and goes crazy on the door to go out!! I don't need traps; I have her! lol She even climbed the fence once to run after a coon that ran towards the backyard behind us! lol

Yes, DW was against them initially...she's coming around...but now, the girls need to start laying so she can be all the way on board! lol

I didn't even think of that! Spray paint is a great idea!!! I may even have some good colors already.....new project!! lol

5. TheJuan-n-Only

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Quote:Carrie, she got it at a fruit stand we go to get our fruit and veggies. They always have "interesting" stuff hand made in our state...we always try to support local farmers and artists if we are able.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by