1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Good Incubator or no?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by blkpoodles, Nov 14, 2011.

1. blkpoodles

blkpoodles Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2011
    Winsted, CT
  2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Some people have had some very good success with these. There are a couple of threads on them. If you search for reptipro you will get some results with good feedback. For now, here is one that I was subscribed to. Its closed now but only because the OP requested its closure.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=430313

3. blkpoodles

Sep 5, 2011
    Winsted, CT
    the picture isnt up there anymore so i dont know what they're talking about lol. so there's good feed back on the reptipro? good, cause it looks nice and its digital lol

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I have also heard that some people have had success with these. I have a older Sportsman cabinet that we converted to digital and it works great.

5. blkpoodles

Sep 5, 2011
    Winsted, CT
    i like the fact that it's digital so it's more exact then guessing if its at a good temp or not. i also want a cabinet now instead of getting a little one then a cabinet later. to me that's a waste of money lol. and at the price i cant go wrong with it

6. LegginMF12

LegginMF12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    I. personally would be a little cautious with this seller. Look at his negative feed back here. http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=reptipro&iid=120741910163&de=off&items=25&which=negative&interval=365&_trkparms=negative_365

He
    seemed to be doing great until the last 6 months and is now starting to get a lot of negs and it seems as if one buyer paid and never received their item. I never buy from a seller unless the have a 99% or higher feedback.
    On the flip side "oh Lordy, help me. I want one too!"

7. blkpoodles

Sep 5, 2011
    Winsted, CT
    thanks, he's the only one that's selling that kind, i was looking at the feed back and the most recent is positive. i'll have my husband look with me, he's dealt with ebay more then me

8. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    Do a search on the web.
    Amazon is a good place to start!

If a seller has less than 100% I look into why... And not receiving item is a serious negative!
    There's no guarantee you'll get your $$ back when shopping with ebay and it's a huge hassle with pay pal and time consuming.

ETA~
    I personally would not buy from someone with this type of feedback. There's a lot of neutrals too. :-(

Do a search by the product name, also do a search for Reptile Incubators.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  9. blkpoodles

Sep 5, 2011
    Winsted, CT
    thanks, i found it on amazon
    Quote:

10. rachelcb80

rachelcb80 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2011
    Mississippi
    I don't know anything about that incubator but I definitely second other's concerns about this seller's feedback. That's a whole lot of people with the same complaint (slow or no shipping) to look past. Does it list who the seller is on Amazon? Make sure it isn't the same person just listing on several different sites. I don't know if the eBay seller is the only carrier of this brand, or if it's widely distributed. It's unfortunate people have to be so careful now days with purchases. It would be nice if everyone had a good set of morals, values and decent character.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by