Good Incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Kerjack, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Kerjack

Kerjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    I have been looking around for a good incubator and have come across the HovaBator 1602N. Is this incubator any good? I have seen someone else hatch eggs with it and it looks quite decent. Just wanted y'all opinions on it though.

Oh and is $121 CDN with $40 shipping a good price for it? It comes with an automatic turner and forced air fan kit.

2. PhilErvin

PhilErvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2009
    Yucaipa, CA
    I just listed my Hova Bator Incubator on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120493213134&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
    Check it out. I bought it this past summer and hatched two different batches of eggs I purchased on ebay.
    The incubator maintained the proper temperature which I understand is critical.
    My listing includes an egg turner which I wouldn't incubate without. It turns the eggs every 3 - 4 hours which frees you from haveing to be home to do that for almost three weeks.
    My listing is currently at $66 and runs until Saturday the 21st.
    I'm selling this because I have all the chickens I want for now and I don't want to store it for the future. My 16 year old son is the one who wanted to hatch the eggs. It is a great experience for the whole family. We set it up in our living room and it was the topic of conversation all summer long. People would come visit and the incubator would provide hours of conversation. My son's friends came over just to check on the eggs, it was hilarious to watch the silly teenage girls say "chickens REALLY will come out of these?"
    Better than watching TV.
    Good luck in whatever incubator you buy, you will have lots of fun and your family will thank you for the experience.
    Phil Ervin, Yucaipa, CA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by