Good Incubators

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BantyChickenLuv, Dec 5, 2012.

1. BantyChickenLuv

BantyChickenLuv Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2012
    Oregon
    Hello,
    I'm looking to buy a good, nice, incubator. I've never hatched eggs before and I am going to start breeding Heritage Bantam RIR's so I need one. What do you guys recommend for a beginner? I was thinking this one:
    http://www.brinsea.com/products/mini.html
    Thanks!

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Those are good little incubators I have the eco and really wish I had gotton the advance just for the turning , when they are working right (I had some issues with mine that I think were a fluke) they hold pretty steady , my eco holds between 99.5-100 even though I have it in my liveing room where temps flucuate a bit more then is ideal, its easy to clean , I love being able to see everything , You should put something down on the bottom such as the rubberish drawer liner or what not as the bottom is very slick and can hurt the little ones legs. The only drawback is the size you can only fit 7-10 eggs and honestly IM not sure I would put 7 or 10 big normal sized chicken eggs in there they wouldnt have room to open possibley as I have 6 tinylittle serama eggs in there and it looks perfect but thats just my opnion.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by