1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Good job to NM

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by CarriBrown, Mar 14, 2007.

1. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

2. pegbo

pegbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Yahhh!!!! Sounds good to me! I didn't know they still allowed it any where in the good old U.S. of A.! Wouldn't that fall under cruelty to animals?[​IMG]

3. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    I think Louisiana is the only state left where it is legal. However, I believe that I read an article last week that said there was a move to ban it there also. Maybe BayouChica can give us an update.

Andy

4. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Hey yall, I think I read in the paper a few days ago our Gov. Blanco is pushing that ban... I don't remember when they're gonna vote on it. I hope it goes thru.

Miriam

5. Forest_Nymph

Forest_Nymph Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Maine
    I'm not positive but I think Hawaii still have cock fights.

While traveling around there, I saw a whole lot of roos shackled to little huts....up to about 20 or so in a yard. Didn't see them advertised though....

...otherwise, what other reason are they hobbled to a short lead...[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Well it's not legal here in Arkansas either, but there are still people who have roosters staked out everywhere.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by