1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Good laying Bantams

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by epona4, Oct 20, 2008.

1. epona4

epona4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Hi all,

I used the search feature and couldn't find what I wanted.

Would you mind pointing me to the bantams that are the best layers? I don't HAVE to have bantams, but I think I'd like to get at least a few.

Thank you!
    b

2. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    most Game breeds/Egg laying breeds lay good, Even as bantams... But wouldn't expect as many eggs from them as your large fowl

-Daniel

3. MrsChickendad

MrsChickendad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Lennon, Michigan
    We are getting 6-7 eggs a day from our 10 bantam cochins. We didn't expect them to be good layers, but they are nearly catching up with the sex-links and Buff Orpingtons.

I do have one bantam cochin girl who is broody as anything and has been trying to hatch golf balls for two weeks. I take her out every day and walk her up near the house before I let her go and she will stay out quite a while. Guess her short-term memory isn't so hot! "now . . . where did I leave those dimpled babies? . . ."

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by