Good marans breeder?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by KKatknap, Nov 29, 2009.

1. KKatknap

KKatknap Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Albany, OR
    Hi [​IMG]

I am thinking I would like some good quality marans eggs or chicks. I have fallen slightly in love with the looks of the Blue Splash, but also like the Blue and Black Copper. Any recommendations on who might have good quality birds? I am not going to show them, but my DH thinks finding homes for any roos would be much easier with good quality stock. I am willing to do whatever is necessary to get his ok on them. [​IMG]
    Thanks!

2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Youll get darker eggs and healthier eggs with nice stock to [​IMG] I would suggest Bev Davis she seems to be a great breeder and many people have her line of birds. Then I would also Highly recommend Will Marrow at Whitmore Farm www.whitmorefarm.com I can personally attest to the quality of his birds. Peachick who is a member of this board is selling pairs (check out Buy Sell Trade Section Birds over 8 Weeks) She has great birds in blue and blue copper and black copper.

Good Luck Marans are very fun,
    Henry

3. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    bargain has some from good lines.

4. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Hi, we do have Black Copper Marans available from the Wade Jeanne Line, with feathered legs. We've been very blessed to have them since they were day old chicks and bought them from Copper King on this Board. The eggs are richly colored and all have well feathered legs. Our flock meet the proposed standards for the APA in conformation, eye coloring, feathering, etc.

Here's a picture of some of the adults:
    [​IMG]

We have been shipping eggs for several years and I invite you to look at our feedback located here:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pcz6aC_klXJDTE8H01hR-RA

We farm full time and take the responsibility and the joy of caring for our poultry and other animals to heart. We give thenm the best of feed, sprouted grains, access to grass and also veggies from our chemical free farms.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can help you in any way.

We'd be honored to fill an order for you and will offer support and information during the hatching period and also while they are baby chicks.

Have a blessed evening.

5. KKatknap

KKatknap Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Albany, OR
    Thank you all so much for the information! I'm very excited to start looking into it. I really appreciate your help!!

6. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by