GOOD MORNING!! Another game of what am I.....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by momreda, Sep 1, 2009.

1. momreda

momreda Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2009
    Cumberland Furnace, TN
    [​IMG] I believe these are RIR but not sure of the gender, any help is appreciated
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Looks like roosters to me. How old are they?

3. momreda

Aug 31, 2009
    Cumberland Furnace, TN
    20 weeks

4. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    Both roos

5. momreda

Aug 31, 2009
    Cumberland Furnace, TN
    One of them is very different from the others, even its personality. He does not have the curly tail feathers, he is considerable larger than the rest, his comb and waddle are also larger. Why such a difference if they are all Roos? I am just curious/confused not doubting anyones knowledge:)

6. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I don't know why roos develop at different rates- but it happens. I have 2 buff orp roos. One was obviously a roo when he was 4 weeks. The other is 8 weeks- and sometimes I'd have doubts except that he has huge legs. [​IMG]

I had 2 RIR roos the same way. "Gimpy" was slower to develop, and never crowed. The only apparent problem he had was curled toes. He was super sweet- you could hold him when he was full grown. Unfortunatly he was lost to a racoon. [​IMG]

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    My roos, both the same age, matured at different rates. My alpha developed way before the other.
    It seems like Mother Nature's way of protecting the underliings from constant butt whoopin's from the alpha. Look and act more like a hen and you won't get beat up as much. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by