Good morning chicken lovers

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Frank758, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Frank758

Frank758 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 23, 2012
    [​IMG]

Kentucky waking up here,a lot of the snow will melt today it is going up in the
    high 40s. I opened all the doors to the chicken coop yesterday but my silkies had
    No interest in going out..Rhode Island Reds sat on their perches high up in the covered screened porch of the coop.I'm so glad we added the fenced run off the back of the coop
    This summer and covered it with a tarp, it gives them a nice area to scratch and dig I when they can't get out.i also lined the inside perimeter with straw which gives them some wind protection.we added two of the nesting boxes from tractor supply, made out of heavy plastic and my silkies just love them, we have wooden nesting boxes also and use the deep shavings in winter. Maybe they will go out this morning,hope everyone out there in chicken land is staying warm and enjoying their chickens as much as we do.6 silkies one roo and two Rhode Island reds

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Good morning! What a beautiful picture.
    It has been a real adjustment having moved out here 10 years ago and trying to get used to snow coming from the South vs. coming from the North - seems so odd that you guys got hit so hard and we say not one flake up here across the river..

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I love your beautiful photo. Thanks for posting. :eek:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by