Good Morning Everyone!! Can you please help me?

nu2dishonkthang

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 15, 2014
Good morning everyone that has laid eyes up on this post. I am new to this site. But, I already like it & see its a community of poultry & fowl lovers. Well, I bought me some land & it has a small pond on it. About 4 days ago, I had a very nice gentleman give me four geese. He said that they was paired up. But, he also said he didn't know the breed of them. To my inexperience in geese, I am asking for some help. I have owned chickens & a few ducks in my lifetime but never a goose,gander or geese. Since, having them I have done some research and definately have learned a lot already. Thank goodness for the internet & social friendly individuals, like on here. I believe I have sexed them, well @ least I think I know the ganders from the goose in each pair. But, I am making that statement just from my observation of their behavior. But, I could be wrong. Lol I have looked @ many different sites showing the type of breeds of geese. But, havent really been able to pin point what type mine are. I think they resemble the American Buff geese but not for sure or positive. Could someone or many please help me out on distinguishing my geese type? I would be very much thankful & obliged. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Have a wonderful Wednesday. For some reason I can't get my pics of them to upload,.smh

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

images

Welcome to BYC!

I don't know anything about Geese. Kelsie has given you the link to the Goose section. Lots of knowledgeable Geese members there that can help you.

Good luck with your new flock of Geese and welcome to our flock!

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! There is always something new to learn! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock.
Good luck with those geese!

Back
Top Bottom