Good Morning from Kansas!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 6pakmama, Aug 20, 2010.

1. 6pakmama

6pakmama New Egg

Aug 18, 2010
    Northeast Kansas
    Good morning! My name is Erin and I am a new chick mommy... [​IMG] Just to give you all a little background, I am married and we have 7 children ranging in age from 4 to 16. We live in a very small (122 people) rural northeastern Kansas town. We have been talking for months about getting some chickens, and finally took the plunge! I have 18 Rhode Island Red chicks that will be 3 weeks old on Saturday. I just have to say I am in love with them already!! We have them inside at the moment and are feverishly working on their coop... They are growing so fast it is absolutely amazing!! I have learned so much from browsing thru all the pages here and the forums. Thanks so much for putting such an excellent source of info together! I know as a new mommy, this has been a great resource! I look forward to getting to know you all in the future! [​IMG]

2. Rooster Cogburn

Rooster Cogburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2010
    S.W. Washington State
    Welcome from Washington. I've got six, two week old EEs and know what you're saying about them growing up fast.[​IMG]
  3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

4. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    My Coop
    Helllo from Tucson, AZ and [​IMG] Congratulations on your birds and good luck with the coop.
  5. phaethona

phaethona Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Hi! I'm in KC, and this is our first year of chicken raising, I have 11 and some of them have started laying in the past couple weeks, we're up to about 3-4 eggs/day.
    It really is amazing how fast they grow, and so much fun watching them turn into chickens(though I really miss when they were lil fuzzy butts)
    This has been a wonderful experience for my kids, as I'm sure it will be for yours as well.
    Enjoy! [​IMG]
  6. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    [​IMG] from Maine [​IMG]
  7. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    [​IMG] and hello from Indiana
  8. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps