Good Morning from North Carolina!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jsskip2010, Mar 4, 2013.

1. jsskip2010

jsskip2010 New Egg

Feb 25, 2013
    North Carolina
    My husband and I started discussing having chickens a few months ago so we could get (and possibly sell) our own eggs. We also liked the idea of having a few ducks to go along. We did some research and then jumped in with both feet last week, picking up 6 one-week-old "assorted red pullets" and 2 one-week-old "straight run ducks." Thanks to this website, I actually kind of knew what that meant.

We have officially survived week one with the little darlings, and are looking forward to lots of good times with them! (We also have 6 more chicks on the way in a couple of weeks.) I've learned a lot from this site and just spending time with them, and hope to learn a whole lot more!
    [​IMG]
    Two weeks old!

[​IMG]
    Two weeks old! (Excuse the mess in the background!)

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

3. Going Bhonkers

Going Bhonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    SW Florida
    [​IMG]

4. Sgtfirstwife

Sgtfirstwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2012
    Stedman
    Welcome to my fellow North Carolina citizen[​IMG]. What area are you in? We live near Fayetteville.
    I am sort of new at this too. We got our first chickens last May. Started off with 10, now have three Silkies, 12 assorted hens, 4 roosters, 10 in the big brooder, three little ones in small brooder and I just set 7 eggs. Yeah is kind of addicting. I would love to have ducks, but my husband would probably divorce me[​IMG].
    Have fun with your birdies and welcome to the board!!

5. cherrykist

cherrykist New Egg

Feb 12, 2013
    Greensboro North Carolina
    Welcome! I am new here as well and in North Carolina. We are in Greensboro soon to be Yadkinville, where are you? We don't have any chickens yet because we will be moving in August. Sadly for us it may be next spring before we can get some. But for now we will have to live through fellow peeps here. Keep us updated how things are going for you!

Tammy

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, jsskip2010, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! Very healthy and happy looking poultry you have there!! Best wishes!

7. red golden

red golden Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2012
    roxboro nc
    Welcome aboard and to the addiction. Yep i'm in nc also and next thing you will be doing is incubating lol.

8. jsskip2010

jsskip2010 New Egg

Feb 25, 2013
    North Carolina
    Thanks for all the welcome!! I'm just south of Wilmington...looking forward to some warmer weather so my birdies can play outside!

9. arnr1530

arnr1530 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2013
    North Carolina
    Greetings from rural hall nc....... I too am excited for our warmer weather this wkend so my little ones can finally explore the outside world:)

10. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by