Good Morning from SE Kansas!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nana2KJS, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Nana2KJS

Nana2KJS Chicks-n-Ahs

Mar 21, 2009
    SE Kansas
    Good Morning everyone!

I can already tell this is the place to be ... found BYC while researching breeds, runs, coops ... anything we could learn about this new hobby.

It's a beautiful morning here in SE Kansas (Independence, to be exact) - a great day to build a little playhouse coop ... oops, I'm thinking out loud ... DH is not pleased.

Seems like everytime one of our 3 grown kids moves in or out, we end up with the pets they can't take with them! And I want to add chickens to the mix?! Too late to be upset about it ... we have 5 buff orpington beauties in the basement waiting to make the move outside.

So in addition to my 3 little pomeranians and one very old cat, we have: 20lb cat my son couldn't take with him, 2 calico cats and HUGE lab that belong to youngest daughter, 2 long-hair chihuahuas that middle daughter left with us last summer.

Never in all my years as a letter carrier did I imagine we'd have this kind of zoo around. But I love them all and can't imagine sending anyone away.

And of course, can't say NO to 2 darling grandsons.... that's where the chickens come in. Kale and Kace love any reason to come to Nana and Papa's. Now they have 5 more.

Thanks to all here for the wonderful stories and pics I've enjoyed already. I have a feeling it is very easy to become addicted to this wonderful new world of chickies and their people.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  2. tcbfan5

tcbfan5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2008
    Kansas
  3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Hello, [​IMG] from South Carolina!

Sounds like you have a herd similar to mine- but I can't blame it on the kids.....[​IMG]

4. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    [​IMG]

5. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Hiya!!

I'm up in Larryville, and am delighted to see you here!!

Welcome! Be warned- we feed chicken addiction around here.

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Welcome! [​IMG]

7. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Welcome to BYC! I lived down in Winfield, KS for a few years and then moved up to Augusta, KS for another few years before finding my way to Iowa. I can say I love Kansas winters a lot better.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  8. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    [​IMG]
    [COLOR=770077]From [/COLOR][COLOR=aa00aa]Old[/COLOR] [COLOR=cc00cc]Town,[/COLOR] [COLOR=ee00ee]Maine[/COLOR]

9. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

10. cwc362

cwc362 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by