Good Morning from SE Kansas!

Nana2KJS

Chicks-n-Ahs
10 Years
Mar 21, 2009
SE Kansas
Good Morning everyone!

I can already tell this is the place to be ... found BYC while researching breeds, runs, coops ... anything we could learn about this new hobby.

It's a beautiful morning here in SE Kansas (Independence, to be exact) - a great day to build a little playhouse coop ... oops, I'm thinking out loud ... DH is not pleased.

Seems like everytime one of our 3 grown kids moves in or out, we end up with the pets they can't take with them! And I want to add chickens to the mix?! Too late to be upset about it ... we have 5 buff orpington beauties in the basement waiting to make the move outside.

So in addition to my 3 little pomeranians and one very old cat, we have: 20lb cat my son couldn't take with him, 2 calico cats and HUGE lab that belong to youngest daughter, 2 long-hair chihuahuas that middle daughter left with us last summer.

Never in all my years as a letter carrier did I imagine we'd have this kind of zoo around. But I love them all and can't imagine sending anyone away.

And of course, can't say NO to 2 darling grandsons.... that's where the chickens come in. Kale and Kace love any reason to come to Nana and Papa's. Now they have 5 more.

Thanks to all here for the wonderful stories and pics I've enjoyed already. I have a feeling it is very easy to become addicted to this wonderful new world of chickies and their people.

Last edited:

ranchhand

Rest in Peace 1956-2011
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
SC
Hello,
welcome-byc.gif
from South Carolina!

Sounds like you have a herd similar to mine- but I can't blame it on the kids.....
tongue.png

farmgirlie1031

Songster
11 Years
Apr 26, 2008
IA
Welcome to BYC! I lived down in Winfield, KS for a few years and then moved up to Augusta, KS for another few years before finding my way to Iowa. I can say I love Kansas winters a lot better.

Last edited:

Top Bottom