Good Morning from sunny Tennessee

Dayamoon

In the Brooder
Nov 21, 2020
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?I was introduced to chickens in early 2001
I was given 7 chickens and it was very exciting- All had names
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
18 total- I met a lady at our flea market and made her an offer on her remaining stock and she took it. Home I came with 21chickens and of course lost 3. I got them as tiny newly hatched babies on May 16th of this year so they are a little over 6 months old.
(3) What breeds do you have?She said they were Americans, Black Sex Link and Buff

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I love to watch them- They are so pretty and they all have different personalities. They are also funny at times. I love the fresh eggs as well. Got tired of getting old eggs that didn't last for ridiculous prices from grocery stores.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?My biggest hobby is I am a Quilter. Started that in 2005 and was a guild member. I am also involved with QOV (Quilts of Valor Program) We sew quilts to be given to Military personal as a thank you for their service.-then corona virus hit and that was the end of all of that. I put away the quilting got the chickens and two rabbits as I needed to "get outside again" and went to work trying to build a barn for them. It has been an interesting 9 months.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have a son that lives here with me -he attends school and works part time so he is not around much. He is a wonderful cook so when he cooks its like eating at a 5 star restaurant. We have 2 dogs, Sparky and Sasha and a cat named CheckerBoard.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? : I was dong research and found your site and it was extremely helpful and very informative.

Attachments

• 100_1046.JPG
    100_1046.JPG
    1,013.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1244.JPG
    100_1244.JPG
    653.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_1292.JPG
    100_1292.JPG
    460 KB · Views: 6
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?I was introduced to chickens in early 2001
I was given 7 chickens and it was very exciting- All had names
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
18 total- I met a lady at our flea market and made her an offer on her remaining stock and she took it. Home I came with 21chickens and of course lost 3. I got them as tiny newly hatched babies on May 16th of this year so they are a little over 6 months old.
(3) What breeds do you have?She said they were Americans, Black Sex Link and Buff

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I love to watch them- They are so pretty and they all have different personalities. They are also funny at times. I love the fresh eggs as well. Got tired of getting old eggs that didn't last for ridiculous prices from grocery stores.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?My biggest hobby is I am a Quilter. Started that in 2005 and was a guild member. I am also involved with QOV (Quilts of Valor Program) We sew quilts to be given to Military personal as a thank you for their service.-then corona virus hit and that was the end of all of that. I put away the quilting got the chickens and two rabbits as I needed to "get outside again" and went to work trying to build a barn for them. It has been an interesting 9 months.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have a son that lives here with me -he attends school and works part time so he is not around much. He is a wonderful cook so when he cooks its like eating at a 5 star restaurant. We have 2 dogs, Sparky and Sasha and a cat named CheckerBoard.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? : I was dong research and found your site and it was extremely helpful and very informative.

Attachments

• 20201109_231642.jpg
    20201109_231642.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom