Good Morning !!!!! We have 9 chickens I need help confirming the gender of some of them.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by julescar74, Mar 26, 2012.

1. julescar74

julescar74 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2012
    Aiken, SC
    We have 9 chickens I'm pretty sure that 7 are Roos and I am almost positive we have one hen but I'd like some help with confirmation pretty please. Thanks in advance for all your help.[​IMG] They are about 20wks old and some of them crow so I know for sure they're boys three are easter eggers and the rest I think may be RIR Mixes.

2. julescar74

Mar 18, 2012
    Aiken, SC
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. julescar74

Mar 18, 2012
    Aiken, SC
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I know he's a boy he loves to crow all the time

4. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    What horrible luck. I can't quite see the details of the light colored EE in fore ground but all the others pictured are roosters. The hackle (neck) and saddle feathers are a dead give away. Not to mention the sickle tail feathers starting.

1 person likes this.
  5. julescar74

Mar 18, 2012
    Aiken, SC
    [​IMG][​IMG] Sorry pics one and two on this post are a repeat and I can't seem to figure out how to delete one of them

6. Melinda35

Melinda35 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2010
    Texas
    The only girl I see is the bottom picture with EE in the front but I am no expert by any means.

1 person likes this.
  7. julescar74

Mar 18, 2012
    Aiken, SC
    [​IMG]Sorry this one's not as clear as i'd like but they don't like photo ops very much [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. julescar74

Mar 18, 2012
    Aiken, SC
    thats what I was afraid of the only one I think might be a girl is the white and grey EE other than that I think the rest are all boys GRRR oh well if thats the case its the soup pot for them and the 9 I picked up last week might give me better luck

9. julescar74

Mar 18, 2012
    Aiken, SC
    I was pretty sure of the same thing especially since I have the noisiest front yard in the world lol. But I can't always tell who's doing the crowing. I did get six seabright bantams and we ended up with three girls and three boys. which was at least better odds than the others. But the seabrights are so pretty and easy to tell apart I have no questions about them.

10. julescar74

Mar 18, 2012
    Aiken, SC
    Thanks for confirming my fear of 8 boys and 1 girl.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by