Good morning!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chickenDesigner, Mar 6, 2016.

1. chickenDesigner

chickenDesigner New Egg

Mar 6, 2016
    Hello I'm Peggy. An Engineer / Designer by day and just a farm girl afterwards. I love my chickens because they aren't just birds- they are my family pets. I'm looking forward to learning more about them from others who love their "babies" like I do!

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Peggy

Glad you could join us here! My birds too are great pets that I live very much. Just can't imagine life without them now! What breed/s do you have? I have mainly polish ad they are super lap chickens who love lots of attention. You sure have come to the right place here for lots of chicken knowledge. Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

3. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

You'll find lots of members here that see their chickens as pets...some even have them as house pets! They are easy to get attached to with their funny quirks and personalities. And the eggs are a bonus!

If you haven't already done so, check out the great articles in the Learning Center:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Make yourself at home here!

4. KeyFlock

KeyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Kansas
    Hi Peggy. [​IMG] I'm so glad you joined us!!

5. chickenDesigner

chickenDesigner New Egg

Mar 6, 2016
    Thanks for the welcome wishes. I currently have 3 Cochins and 2 Bantam Cochins. They are absolutely beautiful and full of feathers! Hope to get a few more varieties in time. We are building a bigger coop now so we can move the Cochins are have a new bunch of buddies in the older small coop. My rooster is a 4am alarm clock! I'm considering the incubation thing since my babies are blue ribbon winners. Just wishing and hoping for a bright future. The information on this site is amazing. My first time and I have read for 3 hours LEARNING!

6. KeyFlock

Feb 22, 2015
    Kansas
    You're welcome! This site is PACKED with information.

7. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    You might be surprised at how involved you can get here. There's a ton of information and so many nice, knowledgeable members. I hope you enjoy BYC as much as I do!

8. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Your most welcome :highfive:

Good luck with your expansion plans for the future :fl
    Incubating is fab but also very addictive and I'm sure you will enjoy it very much. It's very rewarding knowing you have hatched & raised them to adult hood.
    Nothing quite like it ;)

9. KeyFlock

Feb 22, 2015
    Kansas
    I agree with that. It's crazy getting eggs from some pullets that I hatched eight months ago!

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by