1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Good Morning

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BroodyH, Jun 16, 2016.

1. BroodyH

BroodyH New Egg

Jun 16, 2016
    Hello, joined to get lots of answers to questions and just to visit. Getting into chickens again after many sad years of being chicken free. My chicks are about a month old.

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Oh I am sorry you have had troubles in the past! I know how it is and sometimes you do just need a break!

But I am glad you are back in the chicken groove!! Congrats on your new birds too.

Make yourself at home here and if you do have any questions, feel free to ask.

Good luck this time around and we do welcome you to our roost! :)

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] We must see photos of your flock!

5. uncertainty

uncertainty Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2015
    Great White North
    Hello;

Glad you joined BYC. I am a total newbie. My first flock is 5 weeks old and so far, all is well. The members have been really generous with their time and advice, so I am sure you will find BYC to be a valuable resource.

6. Jucodeo

Jucodeo The Sky is Falling!

Jun 15, 2016
    Yes I am very happy you decided to join us BroodyH and welcome to BYC! That is very awesome you are getting back into chickens I am so excited for you. Yes I agree we just have to see some photos of this adorable flock you have obtained. Have a great day!
    Justin [​IMG]

7. BroodyH

BroodyH New Egg

Jun 16, 2016
    Would love to show pictures of my little flock, but I am having trouble with that as I can't seem to simply upload a picture except for an avatar otherwise one must be on YouTube or Photobucket? hmmmm. Anyway, I am starting with some Buff Orpington's and a couple Rhode Island Reds. Plan to get some Black Apostrophes
    and maybe some Copper Marons.

8. Jucodeo

Jucodeo The Sky is Falling!

Jun 15, 2016
    Those would be a great addition to your flock. Speaking from the mouth of a copper maran owner, they are one of the best chicken breeds. Pus their eggs are very delicious! Hope you and your flock are doing well!

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock

10. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by