Good Morning!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TheApplePieGal, Jun 27, 2016.

1. TheApplePieGal

TheApplePieGal New Egg

Jun 27, 2016
    Morris, IL
    New member[​IMG] Thank you for having me!! Raising chickens for seven years now and on our fourth successful hatch with a broody. Seeking help for a hatch issue and trying to find my way around here. Always a learning experience
    I'll post on hatch thread too but here's today's dilemma. 14 successful hatch but number 15 looks like this and don't know if I should intervene. Chick started hatching yesterday. It is moving a bit and chirping some. Thoughts?[​IMG]

2. uncertainty

uncertainty Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2015
    Great White North
    Hi; I wish you (and #15) good luck. Sadly I am a newbie and haven't any advice for you, just my best wishes.

1 person likes this.
  3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.
  4. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    Oh I hope you posted that under the assisted hatch thread. They would tell you better than me.
    Caroline

5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us! It looks like that little one can come out now, if it haven't already. It may be stuck to shell, since it's dried off quite a bit already, so keep a bowl of water and some Q-tips handy and go ahead and help it out of the shell. Good luck and keep us posted please.

6. TheApplePieGal

TheApplePieGal New Egg

Jun 27, 2016
    Morris, IL
    Thank you! I did exactly that and it came off easily. It's not on its feet yet, so hopefully soon it perks up.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Glad to hear it is out of the shell. After it gets some rest and dries up, it should do okay. Congratulations on your hatch. Once it is mobile please make sure it finds food and dip it's beak a little into water to get it drinking.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by