Good morning

Hankster98528

In the Brooder
Feb 20, 2017
Well I haven't had chickens scenes I was growing up, new house and property now that will allow me to get back into
it so hear we are.
First off great site with a lot of info and ideas.
I started off by adopting 4 from a friend 2 rosters and 2 hens( not sure what they are but they lay a med size light brown egg, that was the bug.
now we have 12 chicks that we picked up from the local feed store 3 Bard Rocks, 3 Buff Orpington , 3 Ameraucana, & 3 Marans. I thinking it will be a good starting point.
I'm working on the run and the coop while there are in the brooder they are about 3 weeks at this point and doing well, both ideas have come from this site.
Thanks again for the site, info and ideas.

Hello from Kansas, Hankster, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our community! Since it has been awhile since you had chickens you might do some reading up in the Learning Center here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center Lots of great articles covering almost every conceivable chicken topic there is!
And if you'd like to chat with some local poultry folk, find you're state thread here and say howdy:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
Good luck to you and thanks for joining BYC!

G’Day from down under Hankster
frow.gif
Welcome!

As you have already received links to some great starting points, I will just wish you and your flock all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Hello, and welcome to our wonderful forum! I am so glad you joined Backyard Chickens, I hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

Back
Top Bottom