Good Morning!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dogtrnr, Dec 4, 2012.

1. dogtrnr

dogtrnr Hatching

Dec 3, 2012
    Hi Everybody! Wow, what a great place you have here! I am Kathy B, I live with my husband and our kids in Sharon, WI. We are a motley crew! He has 5, I have 1 and between us all, more dogs and cats than we need!...oh yeah, and a grandkid!
    I have raised chickens before. X and I put them up in a makeshift coop. It worked ok, but this time around I am going to do it right. I found y'all in my search for coop designs and plans. Haven't decided what breeds I will have, but I know that I'd like a coop large enough to house about a dozen. Am also seriously considering raising broilers as well...but, one thing at a time.

I am looking forward to getting to know this site and its members...

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Crowing

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Kathy, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! I love your enthusiasm for life! Best of luck with your eventual chickens. I started with broilers and graduated to egg layers. I wanted to get my feet wet with broilers, knowing they wouldn't be around long if chickens weren't for me....they were! Now I have bunches!

3. The Howards

The Howards Songster

Hi and welcome to the flock

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member 7 Years

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] That's a beautiful bird in your avatar!

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Crowing Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. liz9910

liz9910 Crowing

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] from California!

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Crowing

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

8. jessielee

jessielee Hatching

Apr 25, 2014
    Hi there Kathy,
    I am also in Sharon, WI! We moved here about two years ago, to a house with a chicken coop, only to find out... we are not allowed to keep chickens! I'm assuming you live outside the village, enjoying your hens :) I searched on this site under Sharon, wondering if anyone else is hoping to have chickens like me.

9. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by