Good Morning!!

ChickenGma

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 2, 2013
I am new to BYC and chickens! I have 6 lovely Bright Star hens who started laying last month. My husband had to have a rooster so we aquired one this weekend and named him Cogburn. I know, not very original but we are both big John Wayne fans :) He is my Avatar. Does anyone know what type of rooster he might be? He is still young, born last fall so about 6 months old and the breeder just said he was mixed. Hmmmmm. Any help would be appreciated.
Nice to meet all of you!

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
I don't know what breed that roo is, but he's gorgeous! You should post some nee clear pics of him here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Ask the members who hang out in that section to have a look. They may be able to tell you more. Enjoy the site!

Thank you so much! I will take some better pics and post them! We think he is quite handsome too!!!

Greetings from League City, Texas ChickenGma! I am new to raising chickens too, We just picked up 3 young chicks Friday afternoon. 2 grandsons live with us, and they are having a great time learning about chickens. I thought this would be a great way for us to teach them a little about where their food comes from. We are also starting a hay bale garden this weekend so we're going to be busy this spring.

Back
Top Bottom