Good news and baby pics :)

Missinasworld

Songster
10 Years
Mar 24, 2012
So a short time ago I asked for advise on my poor egg hatch rates and it was decided that it was the humidity was to high during the hatch. I have only hatched 1 batch since then so it is not enough to confirm, BUT I incubated 10 eggs-9 were fertile and 8 HATCHED! the 9th chick was to weak to get out of the shell. But that is a HUGE improvement over my prior hatched. Now I have 2 incubators set up so I have 1 with the turner and then I have another for lock down and hatching. I have made little trays that I can set the eggs in to hatch so that I can separate them into smaller groups so the chicks dont knock the eggs all around while they hatch. So i have a bunch of eggs in the incubator and we shall see if I get a good hatch rate again. I basically left the humidity at 48-50%..I did not add any water..thats the humidity naturally in the bird/fish room. So now for some baby quail pics and a video of the hatch before this one!
121220ak.jpg

121220al.jpg

I tried to do a link to the images on my site, but it would not work. so I only added 2. if you want to see more I have older baby pics and stuff form my older quail as well as their hutch here: http://missina.net/aviary/quail/
ever since I switched to at&t my site doesn't always like to work.

Anyways, thank you all for your suggestions and help!

Missina

So a short time ago I asked for advise on my poor egg hatch rates and it was decided that it was the humidity was to high during the hatch. I have only hatched 1 batch since then so it is not enough to confirm, BUT I incubated 10 eggs-9 were fertile and 8 HATCHED! the 9th chick was to weak to get out of the shell. But that is a HUGE improvement over my prior hatched. Now I have 2 incubators set up so I have 1 with the turner and then I have another for lock down and hatching. I have made little trays that I can set the eggs in to hatch so that I can separate them into smaller groups so the chicks dont knock the eggs all around while they hatch. So i have a bunch of eggs in the incubator and we shall see if I get a good hatch rate again. I basically left the humidity at 48-50%..I did not add any water..thats the humidity naturally in the bird/fish room. So now for some baby quail pics and a video of the hatch before this one!
View attachment 2446917
View attachment 2446918

I tried to do a link to the images on my site, but it would not work. so I only added 2. if you want to see more I have older baby pics and stuff form my older quail as well as their hutch here: http://missina.net/aviary/quail/
ever since I switched to at&t my site doesn't always like to work.

Anyways, thank you all for your suggestions and help!

Missina
🚨CUTENESSES OVER LODE🚨
They are adorable! Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom