1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

good news and bad news- my family needs prayers again

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chixie, Dec 8, 2012.

1. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I am gonna start with the good news first... Ayden surgery is dec 27th to try to remove his trach... trying to keep him well. His mommy went back to work as a medical assistant and grandma spends 50 hours a week with my baby boy... : )

Bad news: My sister that was in the car wreck after Ayden was born has to have major surgery on her leg to try to save it. the rod bent in the femur and the bone is not healing. she is gonna loose an inch off of that leg and is having a bone graph and they have to pull out the rod and replace it. she may also have a hip replacement. they will be doing this first.

also she found out yesterday her 18 year old son has testicular cancer and is having surgery monday. we will know more on how bad after his surgery. they thought he had a hernia. good news is that the catscan didnt show tumors anywhere else. Please keep them in your prayer... thank you in advance

2. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    Well Ayden had stayed in my prayers but I will include your sister and nephew.

3. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Oh my! How terrible! They will certainly stay in my prayers.

4. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    You and your entire family are in our thoughts.

5. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    his surgery is sometime this morning. I cant be there he lives 6 hours away and plus I have to watch Ayden since there is noone else trained to watch him or would be willing to do it since his new thing is pulling out his trach. I will let everyone know tonight how it went. thank you

6. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    sorry it took so long gtting back....

My nephew surgery went good. the doctors beleive its gonna respond well to treat ment. he is still in alot of pain. He goes to the doctor tuesday to discuss further treatment options

My sister had a really tough time in her surgery. what was suposed to be 1 1/2 to 3 hour surgery ended up being over 8 hours. they had some issues getting to the hardware that was put in 2 years ago and she lost alot of blood which she tends to do in all the surgeries she has had since the accident. but the doctors are really pleased with the out come. they think she will have better range of motion in her leg. she lost an inch off of her leg that she wont get back. and her healing time is gonna be longer because they had to make bigger inscissions this time.

ayden is sick with a cold. we are trying to get him over it . but right now looks like a good chance his surgery may be post poned...:( I will keep you posted

7. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    my sister had to have another blood transfussion. they gave her two units of blood because her blood count was really low. she is now home from the hospital. My nephew got a call from the doctor saying they have alot to discuss and decisiions to make. He goes to the doctors tomorrow. praying its not as bad as we think it is.

8. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    tomorrow is Aydens big day.... we are heading for houston tonight to stay at a motel so we dont have to get up so early.... thank you for all of the prayers . I will let you know how it goes tomorrow

9. Doubleyolker

Doubleyolker Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2012
    Thoughts and prayers for the family. Take care of yourself

10. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    ayden get his trach out. they tried to days in a row... he also came home with a treally bad cold from the hisoital. they wanty to try again in a couple of weeks but we have to wait until he is better. he has a follow up apointment tomorrow....
    my sister is doing well. she dreamed of her friend who die in the car accident. her friend was smiling really big. my sister was upseyt because she woke up before she could talk to her.

my nephew went to see the encologist friday. he will be having his lymph nodes in his lower abdomen removed on the 16th. i will be going to see him net weekend and drop my mom off to stay with my sister.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by