Good news, bad news....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BFeathered, Nov 12, 2008.

1. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    I just finished juicing a lime... so DH could have a drink after having been forced to let go 3 employees, one a good friend. And I also made homemade "lazy" chicken soup from scratch, sort of. That's the good news. Despite a rotten sore throat and serious fatigue, the requester of chicken soup (11 yo DD), has a sense of humor. While carrying the rotisserie chicken, I noticed that it was on its side in the package and said so. DD says "Maybe it's taking a dustbath in the broth!" Thank Heaven for daughters who maintain their even keel under the most trying of circumstances, so far (Middle school is NOT to be revisited by the wise!) and for Hubbys who manage to do a crummy thing in the face of possible unemployment in order to keep their own family fed. (without crying in public, not all that easy) Hope everyone out there is having a decent week so far.

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] for your DH. Layoffs are everywhere. So far, in the last 2 months....where my DH works they have layed off 35 people....out of about 250 employees. We are sweating it bad here. Jeesh. So glad your DD has a good sence of humor. Hope she is feeling better soon as welL!.

3. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Hubby is fearing layoffs or shutdown. I've been sicker the last two weeks than all my life. Went to dr. and now fine! It's horrible everywhere. Best of luck! Everyone needs it these days and with the ecomony! :mad:

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My fiance is also worried about lay off. The upside to that, kind of, is that he can go anywhere in a couple different states to work for friends.... Here is a computer guy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by