Good news bad (shipped eggs)news and disappointing shipping news

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Knix6468, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Knix6468

Knix6468 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Gaston Oregon
    The Good news is that almost all of our eggs from our birds in our incubators are coming along well. out of 60ish in the incubator we only had 3 stop developing. And the
    first Order of eggs from ebay are ALL growing great too.

The Bad news is that one of the bundles of eggs that I purchased from ebay (the seller sent extra) shipped in foam, came with two broken, The seller offered to
    send me more if they had been mishandled so that none would develop. Well, none have made it a few had initial development, but they are gone. I feel bad
    to take the seller up - he said all I had to do was to pay shipping. But, the writing of the email feels like I am trying to cheat him or something.

The disappointing news is that I had a box that was suppose to ship on 6/13 from KS with eggs to me here in Oregon, got delivered on "Sunday night" 6/19 to Federal
    way Washington, even though they were clearly suppose to be routed here.

And another box arrived today But I do have a question The seller box with in a box,,,,,,, big box peanuts, then tiny box overlayed with bubble wrap , In the baby box, two eggs each wrapped in
    baby bubble wrap with not any room for movement, but only two layers separating the eggs. I am wondering if when the box was closed the eggs were forced together
    and squished one. Both inner and outer boxes were factory fresh with no indication of wear and tear.

Has anyone shipped like that and had trouble?,,

I know my husband used a foam liner once and we had breakage, the second time he shipped less eggs and they all arrived ok. But now
    he ships completely different because of advise he has gleaned from this website.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  2. Fowler Hencock

Fowler Hencock Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2011
    I would guess that the main reason eggs break is from knocking together in the box.

3. Yoda

Yoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Shady Hills, FL
    Take him up on the offer. If he is willing to give you the guarantee he offered then you have the right to take him up on it. If the eggs were broken then either the box was dropped or the eggs were packaged wrong. From what you are describing, the sellers seems to realize that he might not have packaged them correctly or was willing to take the gamble by packing then they way he did. Either way, you got a bad shipment and the seller wants to make it right it's just you need to let him know that the eggs did not develope and see what he says. If he says pay $20 for shipping then it's up to you to decide if you want to pay it. I do not see how that is cheating him when he made the offer first.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by