1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Good news everyone! Eat those eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gumpsgirl, Sep 14, 2008.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I just saw this article titled "20 Super Foods for Weight Loss" on Yahoo! news and read this about eggs. I'm not one to get caught up in the fad diets but I found this to be very interesting! I guess I know what's for breakfast tomorrow. [​IMG]
    Eggs
    Dig in to eggs, yolks and all: They won't harm your heart, but they can help you trim inches. Women on a low-calorie diet who ate an egg with toast and jelly each morning lost twice as many pounds as those who had a bagel breakfast with the same number of calories but no eggs, a study from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge reports. "Egg protein is filling, so you eat less later in the day," says David Grotto, R.D., author of 101 Foods That Could Save Your Life (Bantam).

Eat more Omelets and scrambles are obvious choices, but if you can't cook before work, bake a frittata on Sunday; chill it and nuke slices for up to a week. An easy recipe: Vegetable Frittata.

Edited because I can't spell. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  2. Renee

Renee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    CALIFORNIA
    An egg a day keeps the diet away.

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:That's cute! Good sales pitch. [​IMG]

4. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    [​IMG] Must eat more eggs..must eat even more eggs.....eggs eggs eggs...egg a day keeps the inches away.......that is soooo going to be part of my sales pitch for selling my eggs.........also free range eggs have less cholesterol than shop bought eggs..another of my pitches.....

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'm doing them more frequently now. Yum;)

6. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

I'm more impressed with the fact that the study was based in Louisiana...... Who knew we were that smart! LOL LOL

(I'm from South of I-10, so I can say that! LOL)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by