1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Good news from doctor about broken femur

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by eggcited2, Jan 25, 2013.

1. eggcited2

eggcited2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Illinois
    I saw my doctor/surgeon yesterday and x-rays show that a bit of healing has started. Woo-hoo! [​IMG]

He said he wants to see me in a month, but I explained we would be up in Illinois by then. I did tell him I wantd to stay with him as my doctor through this (he has been my ortho knee and leg doctor for over 6 years, if not longer than that). It will be a 4-5 hr drive to get down here and he said just go to my hospital up there and have them take the x-rays, fax them to him and he will talk to me on the phone. Would save that long drive and also if bad roads from the winter weather. Of course that would be all that would be necessairy if nothing has happened. But he is feeling very good that things are going to ok and on the way to healing.

The plan is still for moving Feb. 9. The house was sold yesterday on the court house steps. Have not heard anything from the buyer, if there was a buyer. We had really cold temps yesterday (high of 19 degrees) and wind made it feel much worse, so don't know how many people would have stood around in that kind of cold while homes were auctioned off. But even if no one bought it, the mortgage company would now own it.

Thought we would have people helping this weekend to pack, but the ones from Illinois that were going to try to come down can't and the one person down here was coming Sunday, but we are supposed to have freezing rain, so it will be too bad for her to be able to come.

2. onedoodle3

onedoodle3 Chillin' With My Peeps

I so glad to read there is some healing going on!! And sorry to hear your house was auctioned off. We are still praying for you and your family. Hopefully the new owner (if there is one) or the bank will give you some time to get your stuff moved. Especially with your health problems and the weather. [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Very good news on the leg!
    Sorry about the house... BUT (and i hate to say it),..but sometimes things happen for a reason. This moving might be a good thing for you in the end when all is said and done.. :fl :hugs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by