Good News my friends!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Pinenot, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Pinenot

Pinenot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    Ok...not only do I have THREE Silkies coming to live with us after Christmas, I have a dozen eggs coming to develope with us. I am going to completly sanitize my bator. Got 2 new thermomters. Mine was 2 degrees low! I found out today!! I also brought my broody hen in and she is on practise eggs getting ready. I am going to put half under her and half in the bator. I am going to candle them at a week and all fertile will go under my hen.

Thank you Lord for giving me every obstical in my life so that I can learn by it and help others!

2. msbliss

msbliss Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Oh, that is great news! You've been through so much, I'm so happy you're trying again! [​IMG] Congrats on the chickies joining your family. [​IMG]

3. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Glad to hear it! Glad also that you figured out the problem. Sounds like your next hatch will be a huge success!

Meghan

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    You would think someone could make a thermometer that was accurate.
    I'm glad you're getting more eggs. Hopefully this time things will go right.-karen

5. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    How fun!!! How old are the silkies? And what kind of eggs? Got to live through you all that are still hatching, it is much too cold here for me to even think about it. (as I type with two chicks in a brooder in my livingroom, probably house guests until spring.)

6. Pinenot

Sep 11, 2007
    THe silkies are 6 months old. They are just laying. One is a male [​IMG] for my girls [​IMG]

The eggs are the same, but from a different breeder. The same breeder I used this last time. I will also be bringing my bator upstairs where it has a more reg. temp then in my cold basement.

7. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    [​IMG]

8. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:How fun...and so lucky! I have been waiting for my 6 month old showgirl to start laying. But she thought crowing was a better idea.

Love those little silkies, I never thought anything would come close to my polish...but the silkies are just too darn cute.

9. Pinenot

Sep 11, 2007
    I will have more eggs shipped to me on the 26th!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

If you can't tell...I am so eggcited!

10. sara

sara Title Needed Here

That's exciting, good luck with the hatch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by