Good news!!

Aug 7, 2020
My first chick hatched tonight and another is on the way soon. Locking down the day ended up being a good idea. The other one with the due date Saturday 9/4 as well had pipped and is beginning to zip. Due date 9/5 is moving around and it's looking like 3/6. The other three were duds. I need to buy a bigger incubator. I'm thinking the nutra 360. (I think that's what it's called. It incubates 22 eggs.)

The one I'm hatching from is a kebonnix dozen and with the size of the chick already hatched unless we start doing bantams we're going to need the bigger one. Thank you so much for your patience. I'm still learning and feel a bit dumb sometimes.

Congratulations! Isn’t it exciting o watch them zip then pop out of the shells? it’s probably my favorite part of hatching, kind of like opening up packages to find out what’s inside, haha. Do post some photos of the cuties soon!

Congratulations! Isn’t it exciting o watch them zip then pop out of the shells? it’s probably my favorite part of hatching, kind of like opening up packages to find out what’s inside, haha. Do post some photos of the cuties soon!
Will do!! Had to move them to the brooder this morning after #2 fluffed up because they are very large chicks and the incubator I have, while effective, is very small and I was worried about injury. Crossing my fingers for #3 had to break lockdown but it hasn't externally pipped yet. It's still alive, egg is moving and hopefully this one isn't a chickzilla.

#1 Black Sexlink mom Brahma dad (we thought it was our Dominique's.)

#2 EE (Buff Egger mom and SLW)

#3 is either Black Sexlink cross with Dominique dad or Pure Brahma. We don't know which hen was responsible now. The mama sex link goes between two groups.

Back
Top Bottom