Good news!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by angelmarie, Jun 10, 2008.

1. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    MY chickens have feed! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! there all fat and happy lo. I think the reason we ran out so qiuck is because there are pigeons who fly in the yard and eat it al. Does anyone have some good designs for a full sized feeder?

2. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    I, personally, use the really large/long rabbit feeders for my birds to eat out of. That way it clamps to the fence & has a lid (some versions).

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I think i will keep the good feed in the coop and feed only scraps outside. This way it should be possible to cut down on feeding the flying rats. And thats the way my granny did it.

4. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    i gotta go nail my down to a long flat board my silkie roo Midus likes to flip them over for his girls so its all over the ground [​IMG]
    but i just use the ones i originaly bought the plastic red ones,hmm maby i should make some like my grandma had....

5. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    I am glad to see that you didn't close your account Anglemarie [​IMG] Hope all is well [​IMG]

6. Chickafoog

Chickafoog Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2008
    YAY!

7. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    I've learned to keep the run gate shut when the dogs are out in the yard.

They can go through a day's worth of chicken feed in about 5 min. I don't know why I bother buying them real dog food when they prefer chicken feed and 'processed' chicken feed (poo). [​IMG]

8. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Morning glad to hear that ya got your food. We have all ran out at one time honey, it happens. I know they make some feeders out of those big buckets with the lids that you can get in walmart (sometimes by the bakery and if not there over in hardware has them) and a bottom of the big plastic flower pots. There is directions on here somewhere they make waters like that as well. Check on the coop building page.

9. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    well thank ya all, i'll get working on building one today with some scrap wood, and i''l post pics so you guys can see wat i'm up to

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by