Good online hatchery to get geese

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by GermanChick, Jan 27, 2014.

1. GermanChick

GermanChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    NW Missouri
    We want to start with geese this year to use as weeders in our orchard. What is a good hatchery for good quality geese? We live in Missouri and don't want to order them from a hatchery that is super far away. I looked at Cackle but they only have 4 varieties and I am leaning towards the American Buff which they don't haveā€¦..

Thanks,

2. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    I ordered ducklings from Metzer Farms last year and all arrived happy and healthy. While they aren't next door to you I would recommend them and they do have buff geese.

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Meyer hatchery has a good selection and the breed you are looking for.

4. popsicle

popsicle Chillin' With My Peeps

For geese I'd really want to order from Holderread Farm or Metzer. I've got buffs on order from Ideal since I was ordering chicks from Ideal and Cackle anyways, I couldn't justify ordering from yet another place--maybe next year.

5. GermanChick

GermanChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    NW Missouri
    Thanks everyone.
    I think I will go with Metzer Farms. They have the Buffs and Sebastopol, which I am slowly falling completely in love with!
    Holderread will probably have the best quality but they don't have the Sebastopol anymore :-(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by