good or bad news ?????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by loupan, Dec 19, 2011.

1. loupan

loupan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    Ok so i just candled my polish eggs its night of day 5 i just wanted to check aircells as these were shipped eggs aircells look fine not to big not to small and every egg has wee bit of veining but it seems to be up nearer the aircell then in the middle of the egg is this good or bad i thoroughly washed hands and applied anibaterial hand gell also to my candler it was only a quick candle but am i on the right track so far please put my mind to rest [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    You should be fine.

I only candle on days 10 and 18.

3. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    ok im not gonna do it again until day 10 was just worrying about the aircells , they dont look as well formed as the pics on this page at 5 days though [​IMG] just wee bit of veining is it the start do you think ?

4. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    Don't worry about your air cells, if they are where they are supposed to be that's a good thing! Shipping can be really rough on them.

If you have veins, you have babies! [​IMG] Congratulations, hope you have a great hatch! [​IMG]

5. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    oh wow im just gonna let them bake now keep my fingers and toes crossed [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

ya i dont worry about my air cells in mine. all mine were shipped and some dont even have an air cell anymore. i just check for veining. if theres veining ur good. [​IMG] sounds like everything is going good with ur eggs

7. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    [​IMG] [​IMG] we on the right track then now to stay on this track and get some babies at the end [​IMG]

8. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:X2 I agree with the other posts, don't worry about the air cells. Shipped eggs can be more difficult to hatch as they aren't handled to carefully.

9. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    Thanks guys just gonna leave them now and not worry about to much what will be will be [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by