Good people

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yesterday I went to my local squad's annual dinner. At the end of the night I had a total brain lapse and left my purse there. There were only about ten dollars in it, but I had my cell phone and brand new little camera I got for christmas in it. Most of the people working last night were kids about my age (in their twenties) and knowing how people can be, I thought for sure the purse either wouldn't show up, or would show up missing some things! So I called the venue this morning and they said they had the purse so I rushed back there to pick it up. Much to my surprise, everything was still there just as I had left it! What a relief! Definitely made me realize there ARE good people out there and it's unfortunate that it takes something like this to remind us.

What has happened in your life to make you realize good people still exist?

2. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Yes there are good people around, we mostly notice the rotten ones and talk of them too often. The good people need to be noticed more often! Glad you got your purse back intact.

We were coming home from a trip down south and getting off the turnpike when the woman in front of us paid her ticket and took off, we came up behind her and the guy in the booth said she paid for our ticket too. [​IMG] Just a random kindness. I'll remember to do that to someone next time.

3. Moabite

Moabite Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

4. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    I left my purse in a shopping cart at the grocery store a few years ago. I didn't realize it until I got home. I went back and didn't think I'd see it again. It had money, credit cards, drivers license.... everything with personal info on it and I was close to panic!!!
    When I went to the customer service area, they had my purse! Everything was in it!!! They said two young women had just returned it and gave me their descriptions. I saw them outside the store walking towards the parking lot and stopped them. I wanted to give them a reward, but they wouldn't hear of it, so I slipped some money into one of the girl's pockets. I was soooo relieved!!! [​IMG]

5. stanglover2001

stanglover2001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    When I was in high school I would forget everything (my mom always told me if my head wasn't attached I'd forget that too).

Well, one evening I went to see a movie with the fam, and when we had left I didn't notice I'd left the my purse on the arm rest. HOURS later I realised what happened while I was at work, and called the movie theater and they told me a lady had brought it up (I was so sure my bank card and stuff was gone) well I took lunch break to go pick it up, and to my happy surprise everything was there.

Unfortunately that is my only happy story of ever leaving stuff and everything being there... I've had my purse stolen on a school bus with $50 on a gift card I had just gotten gone (I cried for like an hour!) because they gave the purse to the driver after they took what they wanted (the kids on the bus were always mean to me). I was at another movie theater with my just met DH (bf at the time) and I had left my purse, it was the last showing and we were the only people in the showing that sat in the back. When we went back the next morning they informed me it was gone, along with all my keys, money, and identification to drive home! This was while I had no job.. and my now husband helped me out to get everything that I needed to get me back on track... so sweet right? The sucky thing is that means it was an employee, but they didn't do a darn thing about it.. all they'd have to do is check who cleaned that night.

6. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    When I was 24 and they still had those really big bills. My friend came back from cashing his check. He had 350.00 in his wallet. That was quite a bit back then. He went to the bathroom and while sitting on the toilet his wallet fell out of his back pocket. He had just realized it was gone when a guy walked up to him and handed it to him. Everything still in there.

I think most people are good. We just hear about the bad stuff. How long would a radio or TV station last if they only reported on good deeds all day?

7. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    Quote:That happened to me at McDonalds. Some guy paid for my coffee in front of me in the drive through. I paid for the lady behind me. I wonder where it stopped.

8. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

whenever i go through a toll booth (the regular kind, not the ones that charge dependent on which exit you got on and off) i always pay for the people behind me. always. for a dollar each way, i can improve, or at least shake-up the day of the person driving behind me. Usually the person tries to speed up and waves to me, or gives me a strange look, or a dirty look.. sometimes they don't. either way, i think it is a good thing to do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by