Good Personality?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by 5Chickens, Jan 30, 2008.

1. 5Chickens

5Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2007
    which chickens have the good personality?Ones that are sweet to humans and other birds?Thank you for input.[​IMG]

2. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    cochins

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
  4. IHeartChickens

IHeartChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Pacific NW
    From what I've heard Barred Rocks and Orpingtons are sweet. You should ask Speckled Hen. I forgot what kind of chicken Meg is but she is really sweet and is one of Speckled's hens. She likes to be picked up and carried around from what I recall.

5. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    Barred Rocks are friendly too, at least mine are.

6. chickenwoods

chickenwoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    **||OKLAHOMA||**
    I have one Buff orpington..She is really nice, alittle bit too nice!! i have to be careful where i step or i might step on her..!! I have never seen her peck any of her fellow chickens nor rear up to them .maybee why she gets picked on but she never trys to get revenge LOL

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Meg says thanks! [​IMG] Meg is a RIR/Buff Orp cross. Very sweet girl, lots of personality, good layer, hates to be ignored, LOL. My Barred Rock girls are also very friendly and curious. Here's Meg-how could you resist that face?
    [​IMG]

8. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

All my cochins have seemed to be very friendly with people and the other birds. Just overal sweet, funny, personable birds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. BrooksMom

BrooksMom New Egg

Jan 31, 2008
    PA
    The two sweetest chickens I've ever had were a cornish x hen (Bertha) and a RIR cross hen.. they would come when called and try to follow us into the house! Bertha "chose us" out of 200 meat birds we raised, she just started following us around and wanting attention [​IMG] Our silkies were always pretty nice too.

10. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

COCHINS!!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by