Good place for "new" coop?? (pic)

TnChickHen

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 14, 2011
TN
Here is the area we have been considering for our new area for the chicken coop. 1/2 dirt 1/2 grass, underneath the patio, cool, shaded, this is the place EVERYONE congregates (chickens that is), and over all, its the best place there in a cross breeze. Let me know what you think!!!

2011-07-18105832.jpg

ha thanks!! I've already got up 1 "wall", some fencing, which needs to be doubled, there's about 6" left between the top of the fencing and the board, the back will be open, as it is their favorite place to lay, and All I need to do after that, is move the dog run over to it and VOILA!!!!! It's a home for them, that's all that matters!
big_smile.png

You might want to be sure to clean it often if it's right under the patio. Otherwise that breeze might not smell like petunias!!
big_smile.png

How will you keep the rain from coming thru the gaps of the deck floor boards?

The patio will enjoy a "farm fresh" scent, maybe even some green heads for effect.

We don't use it much, so we decided to put it there. Oddly this is the only place that rain does NOT go.... but we will actually put something there to deter it from raining inside of it. No problem there!! It's already 1/2 up!! Doesn't look like much, but it looks like a home for some loving birds! Oh yes, we know about the not so pleasant smell!! We smell fish CONSTANTLY from the lake!! BLECH!!!!

Back
Top Bottom