good place to get turkens?

ame

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 30, 2009
Oak Run
HI, we are getting some more chickens after years of not having them we really missed them, we are a horse farm, and we most certainly noticed a difference in the fly population! but got rid of them because we switched to driving miniatures, and where worried about the spook factor. we still have a good sized chicken house inside the back horse yard and even have stepped up preditior controls due to the miniatures (seriously people theses are foals that only weigh 20 to 30lbs and only stand in between a foot and 18" tall at birth , any kind of preditior will go after them.)
Ive looked around and decided I want to have turkens, simply because the few I have seen have been such distinctive
big_smile.png
individuals. well that and they look pretty heat tolerant, it can get over 100 degrees out here in the summer, and I remember my bantam Cochins flopping out and looking pretty hot no matter what I did!
my question is -- where in your experience is the best place to get them?
I have looked at the big mail order hatchery's, but would like to see some first hand experiences!

Amie Ebert
walkingbear farm
Oak Run, CA

Thank you for the offer, however I have never hatched eggs, and at this point would be more comfortable with chicks. I have done that before, and just need to borrow the heat lamp that my pony refuses to use (sure, give him a warm stall complete with a heater, and he stands out in the rain until I have to blanket him anyways
roll.png
) to put the brooder back together.
Thank you though!!

Amie Ebert
walkingbear farm
Oak run, Ca

Back
Top Bottom