Good Rabbit Names?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by AxolotlLove, Apr 23, 2016.

1. AxolotlLove

AxolotlLove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2016
    I am getting 3 rabbits in a few days. I'm not 100% sure what breeds but I'm thinking English Spot. I am having trouble coming up with a name for one. (Other 2 already have names)
    Which of these names do you like best?
    Please feel free to suggest names too.
    Topanga (Topi)
    Ariella (Ari)
    Evie
    Catarina (Cat or Kitty)
    I will take suggestions until 4/14 and then see what her name is.

2. chickenweirdo1

chickenweirdo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Massachusetts
    My Coop
    Pork Chop.[​IMG]

3. AxolotlLove

Jan 8, 2016
    Yea.... I think not. I don't think show judges would take me to seriously... [​IMG]

4. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    A rabbit show judge would not know what the rabbit's name is. In theory, he isn't even supposed to know who owns the rabbit (though they can figure it out pretty easily unless you are at one of the really big shows that have people whose job it is to get rabbits to the show table. When the rabbits are put on the table, the judge checks the tattooed ear numbers, just to make sure that all of the rabbits on the table are entered in the class. He then examines the rabbits, ranks them, and then reads the numbers off to have their placement in the class recorded. He will also make his remarks about what is good and not-so-good about each rabbit at that time.

The only indication that the judge will have about the rabbit's name is if it is also the rabbit's ear number. I have found that having the tattoo as a readable word makes it easier for the judge to read (illegible tattoos are a real problem). For example, I had a rabbit named Wizard one time, and tattoed WIZ as his ear number. At his very first show, Wizard got a bit excited about all the rabbit smells on the show table and sprayed the judge! He took it in good humor, though. When he was placing the class, the judge saw WIZ in Wizard's ear, laughed, and said, "It's not like I wasn't warned - I should have looked here first!"[​IMG]

5. AxolotlLove

Jan 8, 2016
    If be that owner that yells "GOOOOO EVIE!!!!!!!!!!" When my bun is getting judged, but thanks for the information I'm new to the world of rabbits.

6. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Welllll, technically, that could be seen as trying to influence the judge in some way, which is not allowed . . . . but they are usually pretty laid-back about that sort of thing.[​IMG]

7. AxolotlLove

Jan 8, 2016
    Nah I was just joking, Id be taking a million pictures.

8. JMazz

JMazz New Egg

Aug 28, 2011
    I gave a few of mine names, with certain languages in mine. I named my older female doe and older buck Yue and Taiyou (Chinese for Moon, Japanese for Sun), and then my younger doe and buck Terra and Ignis (Latin words for Earth and Fire; Terra liked to dig and IS a female name...I missed the obvious use of "Nova" for the male but oh well).
    Names take time :p

9. micah wotring

micah wotring Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2015
    WV boy here!
    It really depends on the rabbit:
    Fuzzy
    Fluffy
    Snowball
    Nasty Screaming Scratching Fury [​IMG]

Haha, Just kidding

10. AxolotlLove