Good Safe Treats For A Chick

I have 2-3 week old babies and they like hard boiled or scrambled eggs and bugs! LOL First, there has been a fly in their brooder but they haven't been able to catch it. So funny watching them chase it around tho! Next, a stink bug got in their brooder and unfortunately he never left!
sickbyc.gif
My one RIR ate him after being chased relentlessly for about 3 minutes by her sisters. Then a couple days later we found a stink bug and threw it in the brooder for them and the chase was on!!!
wee.gif
So, this weekend we went to petsmart and bought 36 small crickets and let them loose in the brooder.
ep.gif
OMG it was a piranna feeding frenzy! 30 seconds later the crickets were long gone.
sad.png
But I am very happy to provide crickets to them as a treat every once in a while! They have pecked at the sand we put in the brooder for them to dust bathe in also.

My big ladies are 7 weeks and outside. They get bananas, strawberries, mealworms, oatmeal and cooked noodles (we always make too many for spaghetti) I'm afraid to branch out too much, dont want them to have diarrhea. LOL

Mine are 3-4 wks old, and I give them, dry crumbled bread, cornbread, lettuce, worms, (They like these, since they wiggle.) rice crispies that spilled on the floor. Whatever we have leftovers of. They eat it all...

I have a little patch of wheatgrass in my window - every few days i use some sissors to 'mow' it into the brooder, they love it! and the good part is the wheat grass just keeps growing back - so its renewable snacking
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom