Good Source For Pure Wheaten Araucana Chickens?

Bluebonnet

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 16, 2013
Someday, Texas
The Araucana Chicken is listed as a study breed on the Livestock Conservancy's breed list.

It is my understanding that this breed is at times confused with Easter Eggers and that trying to find pure bred Araucana Chickens can truly be a case of buyer beware.

Does anyone know of a reputable breeder of Wheaten Araucana Chickens?

I do not want to get stuck with easter eggers.

I am seeking to locate multiple suppliers, as I intend to breed these chickens with conservation in mind, as I run a heritage breed farm.

Taylor Hobby Farms is releasing some this year. I seen them in the fall, they had nice birds. Taylorhobbyfarms.com

"For 2014, we will be making some major changes. Due to our love for many farm animals, not only chickens, we plan on downsizing our chicken breeds and focusing on several different areas of our Farm. We do plan to continue offering our most popular and our own favorite breeds which include Blue/Black/Splash Jersey Giants, Blue/Black Copper Marans, Blue Laced Gold/Buff Laced/Gold Laced Brahmas and Ameraucanas. We are currently raising several bantam breeds as well as Large Fowl B/B/S and Chocolate Orpingtons, but will not be selling them until such time as we feel they meet the standards we wish to offer on our Farm. We do not plan to sell Olive Eggers in 2014, but if we change our minds, we will update our website accordingly."

That is what is listed at the bottom of their chickens page.

Are you sure they have this breed?

Back
Top Bottom