Good Spotlight for Preds

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Stacykins, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    So here I am just past 1am, and I am wondering about hands free spotlights. I heard some commotion by my chicken coop, so I grabbed a surefire flashlight and took a look from my back porch. A coyote's glowing eyes stared back before slinking away. And my thoughts are, if I had brought a rifle out with me, I need a good, hands free way to light the bugger up so it can get 'lit up' so to speak. I don't feel like attaching my surefire to one of my rifles, since I use it for so much, but a spotlight would do the trick. Anyone got any recommendations?

2. cptbahama

cptbahama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2011
    augusta, georgia
    This would be sort of the same thing as attaching your surefire to your rifle but much better. It's the green laser light that turns your daytime scope into a night vision scope. I have this installed on my .22 rifle (it attaches to your scope). It works very well.

As far as hands free, the only thing that comes to mind are the headlamps, which work against you when trying to look through the sights of a rifle at night.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  3. Two Creeks Farm

Two Creeks Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
  4. mjuenem

mjuenem Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Putnam Co.
    I have had good luck grasping a small (6") mag light against the bottom of the stock with my forward hand. Try it at night and see if the spot is where it should be at your normal shooting distance, if not I wrap some foam tape around either the front or back of the light to make it aim right.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by