Good thoughts please

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Kanga77510, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Kanga77510

Kanga77510 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Santa Fe, TX
    I've been checking on the hens all day. I should have four red hens and one black hen. I've only seen three of the four red ones all day. She's not in the coop, not in the run. I don't know where she is. I don't know what might have gotten her either. If something attacked her, I hope it was quick.

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Maybe she is just hideing somewhere? [​IMG] I hope you find her. [​IMG]

3. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Hopefully she has just found a nice place to nest. Maybe she's gone broody...

4. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG]

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Sending good thoughts your way. I've had that happen a few times. The hen ends up showing back up at the coop while I'm out turning over every stone looking for her. [​IMG]

6. Kanga77510

Kanga77510 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Santa Fe, TX
    b.hromada :

[​IMG] Maybe she is just hideing somewhere? [​IMG] I hope you find her. [​IMG]

Yes, she was. DH found them to be playing a chicken's version of hide and seek. Freaked me right out, I'll tell you. I left to run car pool and thought I only had four hens, not five. I was so stressed. DH did a head count and found one girl to be running in and out of the coop at all the wrong times.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by