1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Good, Yummy, Healthy Treats for you 'Chooks!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I was digging threw the 'frige this evening and I remembered I had 20 button quail eggs that were getting fairly old so I boiled them and let them chill for about 30 minutes and then I took them out to the flock..OMGoodness...talk about chicken mobs! I gave some to Mrs. Fluffy Puffy and her crew of 7 hungry chickies and they gobbled them up like wolves!! Then I took the rest out to the guineas and the chickens..I had chickens jumping on my arms, legs and head trying to get at the boiled eggs....Note to Self: Wear long sleeves....I came back w/ Scratches, claw marks all over my arms... [​IMG]

Anyway, have too many eggs..boil'em and feed them to your girls! Good, Nasty not to mention Healthy snack. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  2. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    there is so many things that can be fed to them and they just love the treats, eggs and egg shells are great, I feed mine a couple dozen each sunday and I quickly bake up the shells for a few minutes to be able to crush them real quick and good and they enjoy that too. extra calcium and the protein from the eggs not to shabby in their eyes...lol...they sure love warm oatmeal on cold days too. lol

3. maizey

maizey Chillin' With My Peeps

Grapes, yogurt, boss....and those big fat black beetles at the bottom of the wood pile [​IMG]

4. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    Quote:they sure love their bugs for sure!!! [​IMG] X2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by