Goodbye Ebony :(

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by FluffyColor, Sep 17, 2009.

1. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    My dog,ebony,died a couple of days ago:hit She had a disease that nobody could figure out and had to be put down [​IMG] The day before she died,she laid on a rug for seven hours until I came home.Then she waited at the door and barked.By that night,she was feeling better but they put her down anyway![​IMG] It's not uncommon for a dog to be sad that her owner is at school,especially if she's sick!And now they are going to try and figure out what happened![​IMG] You should have made a better effort when she was alive,So that she could get better,vets!But no.They try harder now.And now my mom said,"In a couple of years,we'll get another dog.."[​IMG] WHAT?A COUPLE OF YEARS?And I've had a dog all my life until now?I'm about scratching my eyes out just waiting to get chickens!I mean come on.[​IMG] Wow I need a time machine...either to go back to January when she was alive and well,to go into 2013 so I can get another dog (if I can't convince her to a couple of months,)or to go into 2026 so that I can become a vet and keep this from happening to someone else.[​IMG]

2. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    Awe, so sorry. I lost a cat this summer so I know, it's so sad.

3. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

[​IMG]

4. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    Oh I am so sorry ..
    Ii would be lost with out my pets..[​IMG]

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'm sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

6. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I lost my dog in June
    You get thru it, but never over it

7. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    [​IMG] Ebony is such a great name my very first alpaca was named that and I still miss him to this day.

8. miss heny

miss heny Genetic Expert in learning Premium Member

man that reminds me of are 16 year old scottie duff he had to go to sleep too [​IMG]

9. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    Quote:Ain't that the truth, been 2 yrs for me and I still have a hard time.....I'm sorry for your loss Fluffy.

Maybe in the mean time Fluffy you could volunteer at a local shelter. They always need people to help walk and care for the dogs there.

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  10. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    Thanks guys. I still look for her when I get home. We still don't have any pets, thanks to my mom's cancer. We can't get the MRI until June, so even if it's gone, no dogs or chicks for a while. [​IMG]

I [​IMG] cancer!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by