Goodbye Ginger!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cherrychicken, Apr 14, 2009.

1. cherrychicken

cherrychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    *Sob* I am writing this to see if anyone can help me determine what caused my little production red chickie, Ginger, to die. So here's what happened: I was out when my family discovered that Ginger wasn't acting right. (Ginger was about 4-5 days old) Ginger was outside (with them of course) when they saw that she was lifting her head up and opening and closing her mouth. They took her inside and put some water in an eye dropper, and she drank it. After what seemed like recovery, she died. They don't think that she got sick outside, but rather, that's where they realized it. Any input is appriciated, thanks,

one very lonely for Ginger, jenny

2. vnploveschickens

vnploveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know what might've happened to Ginger.
    But I wanted to tell you how sorry I am that you lost her. My heart goes out to you and your family. Take care of yourselves.

Val

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. chicklips

chicklips Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    St. Johns, MI
    Was it too cold outside for her? If she was 4-5 days old and if she was in cool weather outside it could cause death.

4. welovechickens

welovechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Oh I'm sorry! [​IMG] Sometimes the little ones are just too weak to live and are beyond help. It is so hard to watch them die despite us trying to help. [​IMG]

5. MSHEN

MSHEN Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2009
    Monticello,MS
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry! My heart goes out to you and your family. Sometimes the little ones just don't make it and no one knows why! [​IMG]

6. cherrychicken

cherrychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Thanks you all so much! I suppose that it could have been slightly chilly, but we really only take them out when it's warm...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by