1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Goodbye little William X

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by Fly 2006, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Fly 2006

Fly 2006 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2012
    Hampshire England
    I have posted on here before about my lovebird William, I had him for 18 yrs, he was just the sweetest, funny little character... Well he has gone, very quickly I am glad to be able to say, I was with him when he died, I miss him so much and keep bursting into tears, I know he had a great life and his time had come but it is still so very sad, he was my little pal. We have been out and bought a lovely plant and have buried William in the pot with it ( he is in a little box )

R I P William, I will never forget you X

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    So very sad that you have lost him - yet glad for him that it was not a lingering illness. [​IMG]

3. Fly 2006

Apr 28, 2012
    Hampshire England
    Thank you for your kindness X

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    I am very sorry for your loss. [​IMG]I know exactly how you feel, especially being that this was your beloved Lovebird. My "Skeebie", a Latino Lovebird, passed on a few years ago and it took me 3 months to stop balling about her. I missed her more that I can describe. We were a mated pair, at least that is what she thought, and it was hard for her to leave. She hung on for 4 months, slowly dying. I was there at her final moments, and held her as she passed. This was the most special moment for me, being able to truly say good-bye.

Anyway, you have my deepest sympathy. Many hugs to you...[​IMG]

5. Fly 2006

Apr 28, 2012
    Hampshire England
    Thank you, it is so good to be able to share this with people who truely understand X

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by