Goodbye Peeps

mbphotos09

Songster
Apr 14, 2015
Watching Chicken TV...
(Sorry this post might be a little long.)
Today my little rooster, Peeps, passed away... He was the cutest thing with the sweetest eyes. Although he could be a stinker at times, I still loved him.
1 year and 3 months ago I picked him up out of the bantam bin at Orschelns thinking he would be a hen. After having him for a few weeks it became obvious that he was a cockeral and it also became obvious that he had a cross-beak. I made him chicken feed mush so he could eat good and I trimmed his beak so it wouldnt get too long. He seemed to stay like a baby forever and loved to cuddle up to the hens at bed time. He loved jumping up to my arm to get treats until he decided he was to "grown up" for that (9 months), although every now and then he still enjoyed hopping up on my arm. The first time my girl, Roxie, layed an egg, he sat right beside her the whole time. He loved free-ranging with the hens and would even occasionally catch a bug on his own. He was always excited when I came out with food and loved regular feed crumbles more than anything. His feathers never fully grew in all the way so he was a scraggly looking thing, in a cute way.

Today, I let them out and he happily ate his feed crumbles. Later that day, he was found face down in our kiddie pool that we have out for our dog. I am devasted that he died this way. The water was very shallow but I guess he went in head first. He always kept things interesting here and everyone will miss him.

Goodbye Mr. Peeps. I love you and I'll miss you buddy.

Thank you so much. :) Yes, he was very sweet. He had a few moments where he would be a stinker and attack the feed scoop (It was big and red so I think it scared him :rolleyes: ) but he was still a great rooster.

Back
Top Bottom