Goodbye Sweet Cha Cha

sweetshoplady

Songster
11 Years
Feb 4, 2008
Venice, Florida
Sixteen years ago, a very cute fluffy gray kitten with a blue collar showed up under my Dad's SUV, when he was dying with cancer. She was out there for a couple of days and my mom and Gram brought her in - we thought she belonged to someone as she had a collar on. Skip, the Jack Russel, began to play with her and my mom and Gram decided that was too much excitement for my father. So Gram took her home, to her hotel, where she had a black cat named Tango.

The guests loved Cha Cha and Tango, who would frequently follow them to their rooms, sleep on the beds. The names are because my grandmother was a ballroom dancer.

Cha Cha has always been my favorite cat of all time. I guess because of the timing of her arrival. She looked like a persian (cat experts sorry I'm horrible with breeds). I'll get a picture posted. Find one of when she was younger or something. She is very pretty ahd has long gray fur.

Tango, at 17-18 years of age, went on to Rainbow bridge about a year ago. Tomorrow morning, my mom and I will take Cha Cha to be put to sleep. She has been refusing food for the past couple of days. My guess is that she may have had a stroke as she doesn't seem to be able to walk. She doesn't seem to be in pain, but it is painful for us to see her this way and feel that the kindest thing will be to let her go in peace. The good part is that my Gram, with her alzheimer's will not be hurt by losing her cat of 16+ years.

hit.gif

Please keep me and my mom and Gram in your prayers as we do this hard thing tomorrow.
hit.gif

chacha.jpg

Edited to add photo of Cha Cha

Last edited:
That is always so hard-but it sounds like she has had a long, wonderful, love-filled life, and you are doing the right thing by minimizing the suffering she might otherwise endure. Keep her memory close.

Back
Top Bottom